The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was established in 1963 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to contribute in the skill building for the external trade sector of India. It has come a long way to successfully develop into a unique institution involved in imparting knowledge through research and training in international business and trade. The Institute was granted “Deemed to be University” status in 2002.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has recognized IIFT as Grade ‘A’ Institution in 2005 as well as in 2015.
MBA (International Business), flagship programme of IIFT, is a six-trimester general management programme with a focus on International Business for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for trained personnel in the field of International Business Management.
Objectives of IIFT MBA(IB) 2022-24 :
The MBA(IB) aims at imparting professional education and training in modern management techniques for handling international business operations in a highly dynamic and competitive environment. The specific objectives of the Programme are:
- To familiarize the participants on the fundamental concepts of management.
- To expose the participants to the challenges in the emerging competitive business environment in an increasingly globalized world.
- To relate the management concepts to business situations and help the participants to develop analytical and decision skills so as to evolve effective national and international business strategy.
- To develop socially responsive managers for International business and help in shaping up their personality.
- To equip for career opportunities in International Business.
The Programme aims at providing a comprehensive coverage incorporating all the important subject areas and disciplines relevant to international business.Equal emphasis has been placed on the quantitative and analytical approach to the study of International Business Management. It also attempts to provide comparative perspectives in many facets of International Business by covering methods of doing business as well as trade and business practices, procedures and documentation in other countries. Besides, effective use of computers and modern information technology is made in pedagogy.
It is a six-trimester residential general management programme available at the Institute’s campuses at Delhi and Kolkata (Kakinada campus is subject to approval of UGC/GoI). Detailed prospectus indicating the number of seats available, course structure, tuition fees, placement facilities, etc are available on the Institute’s website www.iift.edu. Candidates are advised to visit the above mentioned website to have an overview of the course.